Posted on Monday, June 01, 2020 02:31 PM
The fire danger rating is set to MODERATE.
Under a Moderate fire danger rating, small fires and fireworks are permitted, with the exclusion of flying lanterns. Residents are reminded that NO DAYTIME BURNING is allowed and to use extreme caution at all times.
Burn permits will be available for purchase on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Permits are required between April 1 and October 31.
For the up to date Fire Rating please call: 1-877-847-1577.
Township Approves 2020 Budget and Extends Waiving of Penalties for Non-Payment of 2020 Interim Taxes
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 11:38 AM
MUSKOKA LAKES – On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 the Council of the Township of Muskoka Lakes approved the 2020 Operating Budget and Capital Budget and Forecast, and extended the waiving of penalties for non-payment of 2020 interim taxes.
The 2020 budget has a net levy of $12,285,251, which represents a 2.14% tax levy increase over the prior year. The estimated impact to a typical residential property valued at $500,000 is an annual increase in taxes of $4.34. The 2020 budget includes a reduction in operating...
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 01:19 PM
Moon River Road Reconstruction
- Location: Moon River Road from Muskoka Road 169 for 2km.
- Construction Date(s): May 2020 to July 2020
- Construction Time(s): Hours of work are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday, and 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Description: Reconstruction of Moon River Road consisting of drainage improvements, pulverization of the existing surface, base stabilization and high float surface treatment resurfacing.
- Delays/Road Closure(s): Some construction...
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 01:12 PM
Beaumaris Bridge Rehabilitation
- Location: Beaumaris Road, Milford Bay
- Construction Date(s): May 2020 to October 2020
- Construction Time(s): Hours of work are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend work on Saturdays.
- Description: Rehabilitation of Beaumaris Bridge to ensure safe and reliable service of the transportation network and to extend the service life of the structure.
- Delays/Road Closure(s): Some construction noise and minor delays to traffic should...