Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2020 02:59 PM
Muskoka Lakes – To continue to stop the spread of Covid-19, and out of an abundance of caution, the Township has cancelled the 2020 Summer Swimming Program. The Township is working closely with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and other community partners to monitor the global situation and respond accordingly.
The Province of Ontario has imposed a number of Emergency Orders to protect the public and prevent further spread of the virus. The Township’s 2020 Swim Program was scheduled to...
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2020 03:32 PM
Muskoka Lakes – After reviewing the matter with the Prosecutor in the Provincial Offences Court in Bracebridge, Ontario, all charges laid in early-2019 by the Township of Muskoka Lakes against CRT Construction and Swift River Energy Limited have been settled. The terms of settlement include a donation to the Bala Cranberry Festival by Swift River Energy Limited.
“This settlement should be considered a win for Bala and Muskoka Lakes. Based on the terms of the lease and the 2016...
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 01:12 PM
Beaumaris Bridge Rehabilitation
- Location: Beaumaris Road, Milford Bay
- Construction Date(s): May 2020 to October 2020
- Construction Time(s): Hours of work are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend work on Saturdays.
- Description: Rehabilitation of Beaumaris Bridge to ensure safe and reliable service of the transportation network and to extend the service life of the structure.
- Delays/Road Closure(s): Some construction noise and minor delays to traffic should...
Posted on Friday, May 22, 2020 02:27 PM
Muskoka Lakes – On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 the Province of Ontario officially entered the first stage of its Framework for Reopening the Province. This includes permitting the reopening of some outdoor recreational amenities, including outdoor sports facilities and multi-use fields, outdoor picnic sites, benches and shelters in parks and recreational areas subject to certain restrictions.
Accordingly, effective Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 12:01 a.m., the Township will reopen permitted recreational...